If you’re looking to straighten your teeth, but don’t want the look of traditional metal braces, Invisalign may be the perfect option for you. Invisalign is a clear aligner system that straightens teeth discreetly and comfortably. Here’s what you need to know about Invisalign:
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually shift teeth into the desired position. The aligners are custom-made for your teeth and are switched out every two weeks to accommodate the shifting of your teeth. The aligners are worn for 20-22 hours per day and are removed for eating, brushing, and flossing.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign offers several benefits over traditional braces, including:
- Discreet Appearance: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, making them a great option for those who want to straighten their teeth without the look of traditional metal braces.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are made of smooth, comfortable plastic that won’t irritate your mouth or gums like metal braces can.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners are removable, which means you can take them out to eat, brush, and floss, making oral hygiene easier and more effective.
- Custom-fit: Invisalign aligners are custom-made for your teeth, ensuring a comfortable and precise fit.
- Effective: Invisalign is an effective treatment option for a variety of orthodontic issues, including crowded teeth, gaps, overbites, and underbites.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
If you’re interested in Invisalign, the first step is to schedule a consultation with an Invisalign provider. During your consultation, your dentist will evaluate your teeth and determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for you.
If Invisalign is right for you, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth and create a customized treatment plan. You’ll receive a series of aligners, which you’ll wear for 20-22 hours per day. Your dentist will monitor your progress and switch out your aligners every two weeks.
The length of treatment varies depending on your individual needs, but most people complete their Invisalign treatment in 12-18 months.
Caring for Your Invisalign Aligners
Caring for your Invisalign aligners is easy. You should brush and floss your teeth before putting your aligners back in, and clean your aligners regularly with a mild detergent or special cleaning solution.
You should also avoid eating or drinking anything other than water while wearing your aligners, as food and drinks can stain the aligners or cause them to become warped.
Are You a Candidate for Invisalign?
If you’re interested in Invisalign, schedule a consultation with an Invisalign provider to determine if it’s the right treatment option for you. With Invisalign, you can straighten your teeth discreetly and comfortably, and achieve the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.